Mongolian Lamb Recipe
Prepare to embark on a culinary adventure as we guide you through the process of cooking the authentic Mongolian Lamb recipe.
This step-by-step guide will help you recreate the flavors and aromas of Mongolia right in your own kitchen. Get ready to indulge in succulent, tender lamb infused with the tantalizing spices and seasonings that make this dish so beloved.
Let’s dive in and discover the secrets to mastering this culinary delight.
- 1.5 lbs (680g) boneless lamb, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 green onion, sliced (for garnish)
- Marinating the Lamb:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, minced garlic, grated ginger, and brown sugar.
- Add the sliced lamb to the bowl and ensure it is evenly coated with the marinade.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Preparing the Sauce:
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water to create a slurry. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and hoisin sauce. Stir well to blend the flavors.
- Cooking the Mongolian Lamb:
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the marinated lamb to the skillet, reserving any excess marinade for later use.
- Stir-fry the lamb for 4-5 minutes until it turns brown and develops a caramelized crust.
- Remove the lamb from the skillet and set it aside.
- Creating the Flavorful Sauce:
- In the same skillet, add the minced garlic and grated ginger. Stir-fry for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Pour in the reserved marinade and cook for an additional minute, allowing it to thicken slightly.
- Return the cooked lamb to the skillet and mix it well with the sauce.
- Final Touches:
- Add the cornstarch slurry to the skillet, stirring continuously until the sauce thickens and coats the lamb evenly.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and transfer the Mongolian Lamb to a serving dish.
- Garnish with sliced green onions for an added touch of freshness and visual appeal.
- Mongolian Lamb pairs wonderfully with steamed rice or noodles, allowing you to soak up the flavorful sauce.
- Serve with a side of stir-fried vegetables, such as bell peppers, carrots, and snow peas, to create a well-rounded meal.
Congratulations! You have successfully prepared the authentic Mongolian Lamb recipe. The combination of tender lamb, aromatic spices, and savory sauce will transport your taste buds to the captivating flavors of Mongolia.
Enjoy this delightful dish with loved ones, and savor the rich cultural heritage it represents. With each bite, you are embarking on a culinary journey that celebrates the traditions and flavors of this remarkable cuisine.
- Mongolian Bansh Recipe: A Delicious Dumpling Delight (2023)
- Delicious Buuz Dumplings from Mongolia – A Traditional Recipe
- Khorkhog Mongolian Food – Delicious, Unique, and Healthy dish Recipe
- Mongolian Budaatai Huurga Recipe: Easy and Flavorful
If you have questions about Mongolia, don’t hesitate to ask. I’ll be happy to help in any way that I can!
Share to Public: