Clotted cream is the most popular snack in the Mongolian herder family. We often use it for breakfast. Clotted cream is made from cow, camel, goat, and sheep milk. The cream is very thick and has a high fat content. It is white in color and has a slightly sweet taste.
We often used as a topping for desserts or as a filling in cakes and pastries. Clotted cream has a rich, buttery flavor and a smooth, velvety texture.
Our people called Milk cream to ”Urum”.
Urum pronunciation is [ˈʊɾʊ̈m] Milk cream
The Mongolian clotted cream recipe
Making clotted cream at home is surprisingly easy, and only requires a few simple ingredients. All you need is milk, cream, and a little bit of time. The resulting cream will be thick, creamy, and delicious.
Here’s how to make it:
- Put the raw milk in a cast-iron pot and let it bubble over a medium fire, and while it is still working, the water from the fire will soften the foam.
- If the soil of the milk cream can be made to bulge in the middle due to the increase of fire, it is necessary to make a hole in the middle and add milk. Otherwise, the drill can crack.
- After it has been ground and pressed completely, take it off the fire. After 2-3 hours, put it back on the fire with a spatula and gently heat it again.
- Then take it off the fire. The rim of the cream in the pot will be removed with a spatula, and fresh milk will be added along the rim.
- The next morning, the milk cream will be cut with a scraper.
The sheep milk cream are thin, less creamy, but delicious. cow milk cream has a lot of thick creams.