Traditional Simply Buuz Dumplings
Mongolia is a country with a rich culinary history. One of the most popular traditional dishes is buuz, or Mongolian dumplings. These delicious dumplings can be served boiled, fried, or steamed and are usually filled with either beef or mutton.
In this blog post, we will give you a recipe for making your own buuz at home!
- -1 pound ground beef or mutton
- -1 onion, chopped
- -2 cloves garlic, minced
- -1 teaspoon salt
- -1 tablespoon black pepper
- -2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- -1 package won ton wrappers
- -1 cup water
- To make the dough, mix together flour and water until it forms a smooth consistency. You can use a food processor to speed up the process to about 30 seconds, or you can do it by hand.
- Let the dough sit for at least 25 minutes under a moist towel.
- Mutton or lamb works best for this recipe, and it should be coarsely ground before adding the other ingredients. If you’re using pre-ground meat, there’s no need to add water. Just stir everything together until it’s fully mixed.
- Cut the dumpling wrapper into 2 dozen pieces, then roll each one out until it is 3 inches in diameter.
- Place a small piece of meat on each wrapper, and pinch the ends together to form your desired shape.
- If you have a steamer basket, place the dumplings inside it and steam for 15 minutes. If you don’t have a steamer basket, don’t worry! You can also use an instant pot with a glass lid.
- Serve buuz as an appetizer or main course.
Here is my Personal blog that I show you how to make a traditional simply Buuz
- Bansh recipe
- Authentic Guriltai Shul Noodle Recipe: How to Make Delicious Mongolian Noodles at Home
- Bantan Recipe: A Complete Guide to Making This Traditional Dish
If you have questions about Mongolia, don’t hesitate to ask. I’ll be happy to help in any way that I can!
Most Popular 10 Mongolian food
Mongolian food is a unique and interesting mix of Chinese, Russian, and Kazakh flavors. While the country’s harsh climate means that many traditional Mongolian foods…
Authentic Mongolian kuushuur recipe – Step-by-step Guide
Looking for an authentic Mongolian khuushuur recipe? Look no further! In this blog post, we will provide you with an authentic Mongolian khuushuur recipe. This…
Share to Public: