Terelj National Park Day Trip
- Duration: Day trip
- Availability: all year round
- Trip from: Ulaanbaatar
If you’re looking for an escape from the hustle and bustle of the city, look no further than Gorkhi Terelj National Park. Within a short drive from Ulaanbaatar, you will find this gorgeous park that boasts rolling hills, fascinating rock formations, and towering mountains. And be sure to make your way to the huge Genghis Khan statue! A day tour of the park is the perfect way to spend some time outdoors and explore Mongolia culture.
Experience During The Tour
- Be amazed at the imposing 130-foot tall Genghis Khan Statue Complex.
- Experience horse riding sessions and play some cultural games.
- Visit local families and see the Terelj Park‘s famous Turtle Rock
- Hike to the Ariyabal meditation temple, surrounded by scenic valleys
- Take pleasure in seeing and hearing the open field and lovely mountain scenery.
Gorkhi Terelj National Park Tour
Discover new nomadic life
- We’ll pick you up at your hotel promptly at 8:30am and take you to see Genghis Khan Statue Complex. It’s the biggest (40m high) equestrian statue in the world, and it’s an impressive sight. You’ll be able to explore the complex thoroughly and get a good panoramic view from atop the statue.
- The trip continues to Terelj and makes a brief stop at Ovoo – rock pile, which was used in religious worship. You’re able to have lunch at tourist Ger camp, which is situated in one of the most beautiful locations in the National park.
- Next on our itinerary is a visit to the Turtle Rock formation – a interesting rock sculpture in the shape of a turtle and the symbol of the National Park. We will then hike to Ariyabal meditation temple – which is surrounded by beautiful pine covered mountains with towering massive rock formations. This temple sits atop one of these remarkable mountains.
- Come join the nomadic family and experience a traditional way of life. You’ll also get to try some delicious dairy products, and there’s even an opportunity to go horseback riding!
- At the end of the day, go back to the city to your hotel.
|How many People||Price USD $|
The Tour Includes:
The Tour excludes:
Things To Consider
- A private tour guide and a chauffeur-driven automobile will only cater to your needs. There will be no more other tourists in your party.
- This trip package can be completely tailored to your itinerary.
- The tour can be conducted with a minimum of 2 people.
- It’s best to wear warm, thin layers of clothing such as a waterproof jacket, a hat and headscarf to shield you from the sun and winds. Especially during horse ride
- Make sure you have all of your camera equipment with you before leaving.
- June to September is the optimum time to visit for Mongolia trip, with the peak period for the Naadam Festival in July. July and August are also the wettest months of the year, but our weather ensures that you will have many sunny days throughout this period.